If you are committed to your own personal evolution and veganism is of appeal to you, I applaud you and am happy to help. Here I am putting together a list of resources that might be helpful to your in your path, and this is a list I will be updating as I find more information / resources. Trust your Self, trust that you know what you know, and chose courageously that which has meaning in your life.
As you navigate this path, know that the science shows, in addition to the plethora of other benefits, eating a vegan diet prolongs you life…
If you are interested in reading about my four year long evolution to veganism, read on here. Comments, questions, feedback always welcome.
If you’re building your pantry from scratch, I’d start putting together these ingredients. For an extensive list which I adore, check out Oh She Glows. She even has a printable list! Pick what you prefer, and build slowly, it feels SO GOOD to have so much abundance!
Essentially, eat any combination of these:
Learn More about the Lifestyle
- About Living a Vegan Lifestyle
- The low-down on vegan living
- I Love Vegan
- Cooking Light
- Vegan Easy
- Happy Cow
- Ultimate Vegan Guide
- No Meat Athlete
- Vegetarian Resource Group
- Veg Angela
- Vegan Yoga Life
- List of books for beginners
- The Vegan Comfort Kitchen (one of my faves!)
- For the Love of Vegan Cooking (another favourite!)
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook (love it, too)
- Veg News Magazine
- The 30-Day Vegan Challenge
- The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions: Veganize It!
While this can be tricky, I always find a dish no matter where I go! If I have to ask the kitchen to make me something special, they always accommodate (and I eat vegan, gluten-free, and low FODMAP, so trust me, JUST vegan is easy!)
For those who want a healthy lifestyle, yoga is fantastic and all yogic philosophies emphasize the importance of a veggie diet…so, all in alignment there. And no, you don’t have to worry about protein!
- Vegan Bodybuilding has some advice for those trying to put on muscle.
- List of 25 plant-based athletes to follow on Instagram | 5 vegan athlete communities on Facebook worth joining | 10 vegan athlete Twitter accounts to follow and learn from.
- Watch Game Changers, on Netflix.
- Working on a list, but for now check out…
- Mic the Vegan, he is always bang on
- Plant Based News, variety of sources of information